Tuesday, November 18, 2008

People I admire, unsung heroes, and amazing drinkers

So faggutz has been seriously lacking lately due to the leak of Britney's newest album. Nothing seems even the slightest bit entertaining in comparison to listening to "Circus". But I've realized that I have to set bigger goals for myself than memorizing all of the words to "Shattered Glass". So I've decided to share with you a handful of people from my world that have kind of become peer-idols to me if you will. They flourish in their own ways and have in one way or another inspired me to be a more productive, creative person...







Name: Gregori Nuñez
Age: Not specified
Occupation: Student, promoter, gender bending genius behind "A Club Called Rhonda"
Myspace Headline: "My terrible 20s"
Why I admire him: I have always looked up to Gregori. Since I was in high school I used to look at his Myspace Profile and see him dressed like some post apocalyptic faggot and think "THATS the look I'm gonna go for". Now, nearly 5 years later, I can call him my friend. He has revived the club scene for the polysexuals and brought back, encouraged even a sort of hyper debauchery. Much crazier and more fabulous than anything you would find west of Vine. He's dyed his hair blonde and got extensions, he kills it in heels, and he's probably one of the funniest people I know. Go to Rhonda and you'll know who Gregori is. I also have to mention he is could out drink a fucking truck driving, tobacco spitting lumberjack alcoholic. He's WET.
Find more here: A Club Called Rhonda





Name: Cory Nitta
Age: 24
Occupation: Musician, producer, digitally inclined humanoid.
Myspace Headline: "It's like whatever"
Why I admire him: Cory Nitta is one of most talented people I know. He is going to be more rich and famous than anyone I know at this point. He is going to rule the pop music world with his overwhelmingly epic beats. His style and texture is the future of digital music. He is also one of the most kind, and generous people I've ever met. He's worked his whole life to reach the threshold that he's reached right now. The pot's about to overflow and he wants everyone to get wet.
Find more here: Cory Enemy Myspace






Names: Vanessa Giovacchini and Marylouise Pels, aka Posso the Spat/Posso the DJ
Ages: Not specified
Occupation: Space Babies, CEOs of the Posso brand, Space-age pixies that create whatever pours out of their brains.
Myspace Headline: "Bangin 2 Bangers"
Why I admire them: You know those girls that you see out in the world that are just so gorgeous and tall and stunning and fierce that you think to yourself "They have got to be a bitch" well, that's what I used to think of Posso, the duo that is ML and V. But I was fortunately mistaken and pleasantly surprised when I finally had the chance to meet them, they were two of the kindest warmest silliest young women I've ever met. Their line of spats has become very successful and their personal style, a kind of walking breathing work of art have garnered them serious attention from everyone that crosses their paths. They work hard and they play hard, but it's kind of all the same for them. They put on a sick show, combining their DJ set with some kind of spectacular costume. You can't take your eyes off of them. It's really something.
Find more here: Posso the Spat/ Posso the DJ


Name: Niko Kar
Age: 16
Occupation: High School student, club kid in the making, upcoming legend, Manager to the infamous
Myspace Headline: "NIKO"
Why I admire him: Niko Kar is one of the coolest 16 year olds I will ever meet. I can only hope that I was as tight as this fool in my junior year of HS. He has one of the most dry senses of humor, he is well educated in the realm of pop culture and understands divas better than 90% of gay men I've met. The weird thing is I've never really hung out with him in person, I'm just his creepy 21 year old friend online. But we talk regularly and I know that he's destined for fabulous things because he is so fucking sure of himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he starting pulling both girls and guys in the club at 18.
Find more here: Niko Kar on FB/ Niko the Ikon

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that im the only one without a real talent...JuSt KiDdInG EVERYONE KNOWS Im An ArTiSt**

Nic said...

like shattered GLA-EEE-ASSS

greg went to my high school! i didnt know he got blonde extensions

Natasha Zeller said...

i think youre forgetting someone