Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mashed Potatoes & Me

I love mashed potatoes. In two days, I'll get to eat a full plate of them and revel in the joy of their deliciousness and the warm fuzzy holiday feel I'll have because it will be Thanksgiving. I was thinking about mashed potatoes, and they're a sort of unfortunate food (but not just for constipation they cause). They're unfortunate because they're really not photogenic. When people see a picture of a pie or a cake, they say "MMMM OMG I WANT THAT MMM YUMM SOO GOOD OMG WOW" or something along those lines. With mashed potatoes, the effect is kind of similar to that which is acheived by the menus at authentic Chinese take out places--the images repel the customer rather than entice them. Here are some pictures of my favorite Thanksgiving food, and when you say to yourself "ew that looks like shit," just remember that not all foods are as visually appealing as others, and that it's how it tastes on the inside (of your mouth) that counts. 
that actually looks pretty unappealling

(trashy mashed potatoes)

just a waste of time. but kind of clever i guess. no, not really.

No comments: