Monday, October 20, 2008

The earliest signs of my faggotry

Some people are embarrassed of their childhood music.  I am not one of those people.


1. Dream- He loves U not
The original Danity Kane, formed by Diddy, signed to Bad Boy, absolutely AMAZING


2. M2M- Mirror Mirror
This is like when you eat an ENTIRE stack of pancakes, thoroughly satisfying but still totally painful


3. Jennifer Paige- Crush
No words, you're probably sitting there thinking "OMG I LOVED THIS SONG"



4. Luscious Jackson- Naked Eye
Probably one of my favorite names out of all the one hit wonder nomenclature
ok sorry to be an ass but, I think they never made it big because...well...they're all kind of ugly.


5. S Club 7- Bring it all back
Ok, I am very serious about S Club 7.  I watched their show every weekend for a good 2 years.  Bradley, Jon, Hannah, Tina, Rachel, Jo, and Paul were a very big part of my life and I will stand by their music until I die.  This was their one of their "biggest" songs, but personally my favorite was "S Club Party"
They pushed them SO hard in America, I bet they would've been epic if they had based their show in the UK, maybe...what do I know, look at the music i listened to when i was 11.


6. Donna Lewis- I love you always forever
When I rediscovered this song about a year ago I was "lost in a deep cloud of heavenly scent" for about 2 weeks.  Now I'm watching the video and realizing this woman needs to be shot, who the FUCK plays with boots on their hands when they make their pop music video.  SO weird...
The song is actually still very beautiful to me.  Sorry Donna I don't know what came over me.


7. 3LW- No more (Baby I'ma do right)
This was the JAM for a minute, I remember when they were kind of big I saw all three of them on Melrose, which is probably where they bought all the ugly clothes in this video.  Also, don't forget 2/3rds of 3 Little Women turned into Cheetah Girls.  'Nuff said.


8. Hoku- Perfect Day
I know...this song REALLY does suck.  She bugs the shit out of me.
I mean, she just has NO energy.  wtf.


9. Krystal- Supergirl
On a MUCH BETTER note, THIS SONG FUCKING RULES.  
Not every one hit wonder gets BSB cameos in their video.  RESPECT. 


10. Westlife- Swear it again
I had mad kiddy crushes on all these dudes...sick.


More notable one hit wonders that just don't fit this specific aesthetic for me:
- Blu Cantrell: Hit 'em up style (actually a REALLY good song)

8 comments:

MAGGY LOGOW said...

nowwwwwww i remember "so in love with two"

and...

best post ever.

MAGGY LOGOW said...

notice the guitarist's hair in krystal harris

christine said...

just thought i'd let you know..
i know 7 out of the ten you posted.


i'm greater than you know.
i know music.
i can dance.
i have UH mazing hair.



just wait till you get to know me more..
haha ;)

Max Pearl said...

this blog is so fun!!

keep posting pleeze

8ball said...

BEST POST EVER!!!!

I loved every single song.

Anonymous said...

"so in love with two" was my favorite in 4th grade.I had the whole album.




You forgot Samantha Mumba. I mean she wasn't one of my favorites, but still.

hmf7 said...

I freaking LOVED 7Club. Remember when they had a show? Awesome.

hmf7 said...

I mean SClub. Sometimes I get so over excited when I type. haha